Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Interview With RL Jackson




Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm an Aries, I love vampires and the mystique behind them, I used to be a singer and I'm a screenwriter as well!


What motivated you to write this book?
I guess I wanted to shake up the status quo of traditional romance. I got tired of the damsel in distress, or the doe-eyed girl who fell for the bad boy and didn't know any better scenarios. I wanted to tell a story, where the cards were pretty much on the table, raw and real the way life actually is sometimes.

How long did it take you to write this novel?
I started writing in 2014 and put it down for a month to three months and would go back and revise, add, delete etc. I finally put it down for about a year and a half before deciding to finish it. Had I not wasted time by doing that it would've been done much sooner.


What were the biggest challenges?
I would have to say the love scenes. I'm not a fan of excessive expletives, or vulgarity, but I wanted to make the scenes steamy and realistic. I read what others had in their romance books and it didn't help at all really. Finally, I had to close my eyes and express the best way I could. Lots of blushing ensued, lol

How has writing impacted your life? Did anything change? 
Writing has impacted my life because it's brought very interesting people into it. I wouldn't have met the people I know now or had the chance to build those relationships. Over the years I've become a people watcher. I study their mannerisms, the way they hold a spoon, subtleties in the curves off their mouths. This helps me when describing my characters because these descriptions are often based on people i know.

Give three quotes from the book and tell us why they were important to the story or to you.
 “So let me get this straight. It took me longer to report what you did, than it took for you to be arrested, get booked, make bail, and get here before me so you can  lounge around in your underwear?” -I like this quote because this summed up not only what happened that night, but pretty much everything he has been about up until this point. She realizes she really doesn't like him, but impressed at the level of power he has over others around him. This intrigued her, without her wanting to admit it.

What is your favorite genre and why?
I like post-apocalyptic, and supernatural themes but they mean nothing if the underlying message isn't about romance and love if that makes sense lol

Give two examples of your favorite books and tell us what makes them special to you.
The Time Travelers Wife- Had me hooked until i finished the book. I couldn't stop until i knew what happened with those two and it broke my hear to bits. I guess I'm just a sap for love and wanting people to beat the odds to be with each other.

What is next for you?
My next endeavor will be finishing book two of Crashing Into Me, as well as releasing my YA Fantasy series "The Fairy Queen: Land of Ravinia. I have TV Pilot scripts in the works as well, so my fingers will be busy for the foreseeable future.


Follow RL Jackson




Book Blurb: 
A year after being left at the altar, headstrong E.R Nurse, Lana McKenzie is finally piecing her life back together. Tired of dealing with seeing her ex and his new girlfriend at every turn, she longs for blissful solitude and can't wait to enjoy a peaceful vacation alone in the mountains. However, her plans go awry when a rude stranger literally embeds himself into her life and mind.

Handsome, wealthy, and troubled, Kayden Capshaw is struggling with the death of his brother, while also trying to escape the claws of his controlling mother. In his grief, the last thing Kayden wants to deal with is the fallout from his last run in with the law. Yet, he also longs to get to know the woman now snowed in with him at the house on the hill. 



The ice between them thaws every minute they spend together, and they find that they have more in common than they realize. Will they find a way to make it through, or will it all, like the snow, melt away?

2 comments: